Friday 4 July 2014

Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap


A couple of months ago whilst flicking through my Instagram feed I saw someone repost that they had just signed up for the Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap! After a lite bit of investigating Iooked it up and thought I'd go for it, boom, I signed up! Eeek! 


The Fantastic Kristi of Schnitzel and Boo has already run one of these swaps and around 200 people signed up....this time over 600 did, pretty amazing huh! 


You fill in a form with your details, social media, favourite fabric designers, patterns etc and through this they allocate you a secret partner. You can stalk their Instagram, Flickr, Pintrest etc and get a feel for what they would like you to make them. You keep your partner a secret and can post updates, sneak peeks under the hashtags #schnitzelandboominiquiltswap #makeaquiltmakeafriend. The person you are making your mini quilt for will be making theirs for someone else and so on and so on....



I cannot tell you how much fun it has been to take part in this swap. Watching the minis come together in the hashtags and seeing all the wonderful minis arriving at their new homes. I can post this now as my partner Erica received the mini I made for her yesterday, it travelled all the way from Dundee to California...... And she loved it phew!!!! 






I'm currently stalking the postman to see if mine is going to arrive soon!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment